Welcome To The Blog!

All mixes featured here are done for my own personal use and help make the journey to and from the daily grind go so much better! so I thought I'd put them out there to share, After all ,We all got to have freedom!







All selections from my own collection.







Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ritmo No.1

Hey!Groovy,Groovy people,here's some world jazz jive to get your funk feet into,now go forth and give it some!!!!!!

For your exploration,anticipation and participation some of the following:...............................
Blood,Sweat&Tears,The Ebony Rhythm Band,
LA Carnival,Charles Wright,and Jo Stance,
Gerardo Frisina,Frootfal,Cal Tjader,Jukka Eskola,
Son's & Daughters of Lite,Coati Mundi,Ben Mono,
Quantic Soul Orchestra,Chocolate Milk,Heatwave,Sun,
The Equals and Ramsey Lewis,to name a few!!!!!!!!!!!
enjoy!!!.....
memories of buying the albums by Heatwave and Sun,there was a special record stall that I used to frequent in my then hometown of Nottingham, it was in the Victoria Center shopping mall which had its own 'Victoria market' consisting of various stalls selling everything from fabrics, household goods, to the good old pea's & mint sauce,mussels and the famous sausage and tomato Bap!(not roll!)up the escalator on the second level!where the caff would have a large tray of the sausage and tomato mixture cooking in the oven all morning!!! also not forgetting Jamaican patties!! very often a lunch time staple(not including the occasional pie,chips,beans and gravy!!!) any way the stall was situated just near the exit to the main part of the center and was always an essential stop in my lunch time break, especially after reading the newest copy of Blues and Soul to check out any top albums that were released ,
many happy purchases included Cameo,Mandrill,
The Commodores,Slave,The Barkays,and Earth,Wind &Fire to name a few, and what I loved about the place the most was the smell of the brand new vinyl as you explored the ( gate fold if it was the American label)sleeve and read all the available info, star signs,instruments played,and band members names, of the very often mysterious and exotic sounds(to these ears)recorded within,many happy days were had playing the platters on my cheap plastic record player, where I would lie on my bedroom floor with the speakers carefully positioned on each side of my head so I could absorb the layers of funk sounds held within the Vinyl grooves!!!!! Fantastico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment