Welcome To The Blog!

All mixes featured here are done for my own personal use and help make the journey to and from the daily grind go so much better! so I thought I'd put them out there to share, After all ,We all got to have freedom!







All selections from my own collection.







Friday 18 May 2012

Paul Buchanan, So Soulful.

One of the most distinctive voices I've come across in all my years of listening to music ( of which there are now many!!!) I first came across The Blue Nile the band that Paul Buchanan was part of along with Robert Bell and Paul Joseph Moore in 1983 with the album A Walk Across The Rooftops and to say it had a profound affect on me would be an understatement as my first reaction to the glacial, symphonic sound scapes, which had at the heart of them a soulful core of pure Celtic lilt and (to these ears) Blue         eyed Soul,                                                                                                                                           
 was to ask who and where were these people that could produce something so beautiful, wistful and yet so dramatic (and in the days of pre google and the internet it took some time) but eventually I discovered there was only one place that would be able to produce such a unique sound that truly represented not only a country but also a city and of course it could only be Glasgow in Scotland and so at the first opportunity I made my way there to experience its unique ambiance and atmosphere (and have been here ever since!!) and let me tell you that Tinseltown In The Rain really,truly could only have been made here!                                                                                                                                                               
and so with only producing four albums between 1983 to 2004, the chance to hear some new material from at least one member of the band is something to look forward to because the chances of any new material from the band might be slim (check out the RTE interview below)  
Therefore my album is on order and it's available on Vinyl! and I can't wait because this man has Soul.

Paul Buchanan.com HERE
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment