Welcome To The Blog!

All mixes featured here are done for my own personal use and help make the journey to and from the daily grind go so much better! so I thought I'd put them out there to share, After all ,We all got to have freedom!







All selections from my own collection.







Saturday 15 September 2012

Saturday Night Special!


Here You Go Groovy People!!!
I present for your aural excitement in no particular order,the following collection of Saturday night specials! (or Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed,ect) to help you get your GROOVE ON!!!!!!

The Pharaohs/Gerardo Frisina/Mao Branca/Azymuth (Head to the sky, Jose Roberto Bertrami)
David Byrne/Quinteto Villa Lobos & Luiz Eca/
Henri Guedon/Mo'horizons/Cal Tjader/the drumset artistry of Roy Burns/The Shaolin Afronauts/Som Tres/some Timbales madness from Ralph Macdonald & Paul Mauriat Plus/
Luiz Gonzaga jr/sound track madness from Roy Budd/

the mighty,mighty Visioneers/Juan Pablo Torres Y Algo Nuevo & Cuarteto Los Britos Con La Orquesta, from the magnificent 'Ritmo Caliente' collection on Black Pearl records(Get it!),Here's a promo film showing the two guys who run Black Pearl record,Roskow & Tom and their visit to the Egrem archive in Cuba,where they discovered among the analogue tapes these rare gems of Afro-Cuban psychedelic Soul & Funk!

and finally two versions of one of my absolute favourite Brazilian tunes,
'Tudo Que Voce Podia Ser'by Simone and Quarteto Em Cy, I couldn't make up my mind so I included both!!

So get on board the Groove Train and enjoy the ride!(but don't do what I once did and catch the last train home, Glasgow to Edinburgh,fell asleep and woke up in....yes thats right, back in Glasgow!!!!Tough!!
Ugetsu.
Download it HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment