Welcome To The Blog!

All mixes featured here are done for my own personal use and help make the journey to and from the daily grind go so much better! so I thought I'd put them out there to share, After all ,We all got to have freedom!







All selections from my own collection.







Saturday 16 November 2013

AOR : Digging For Pearls.

Yes People!....another monthly episode of music to get you in the mood, to have a groove, some sounds to keep you bound, to be amazed, to ride the wave and engage, to help you dig deep and keep the faith!!!...
Todd rundgren / The James Walsh Gypsy Band / Ed Motta / Toto / Jorge Santana / Samuel Purdey / The Doobie Brothers / Babadu / The Beauty Room / Christopher Cross / Tears For Fears / Jazzanova / Metropole Orkest / Jonathon Jeremia / Danny Wilson / The Step Kids / Archie Whitewater / Barbara & Ernie / Shinataro Sakamoto / Steely Dan / Ian Wilson / Leon Ware / Donald Fagen / Al Jarreau / AM & Shawn Lee / Hall & Oates / Bozz Scaggs / Kinsman Dazz / Average White Band

Michael McDonald the AOR King! was going to be included but was on so many backing vocal duties I thought I would save him for another time!

Inspiration provided by Ed Motta and his wonderful AOR album (get it!) Zaf and Marks brilliant Americana Rock your Soul series (get them!!) and the fantastic AOR Disco site especially for the heads up on the Samual Purdey 'lost' album ( beg,borrow or buy!!)

Finally, dedicated to Thomas who went to California to live the dream from Leeds via Nottingham, who I knew for a few short years back in the day, and turned me on to some of these sounds....I hope you found the peace you were looking for.



 Related articles :

No comments:

Post a Comment